Saturday 5 January 2008

Pah!

Just finished the $10k gtd again on ipoker - a 17th place finish of 397 runners has left me pretty frustrated. Pretty close to the decent pay day I'm after to get me going. Tbh, it was a pretty uneventful tournament with ABC poker getting me down to the last 50 or so with better than average chips. Ran into AA on a K high flop when I was holding KQ - an easy hand to get away from if the stacks were deeper but at 3k/6k and a stack of only 50k it was tough. Anyway $117 is better than a boot in the balls. Next time! Which incidently will probably be the crappy £10 fo down at the Gala tomorrow - no big prizepools there but more live experience.

So had a solid look at the football coupon for tomorrow and decided on a few bets. Portsmouth are available at about 6/5 and I think it's a great bet - people will point to Ipswich having the best home record in the Championship but Pompey have one of the best away records in the Premiership. And everyone knows Premiership > Championship. Portsmouth are losing players to the African Nations after this game and I believe they will be fielding a near on full strength team which will be too strong for Ipswich.
Birmingham are another selection, they will beat Huddersfield, and Falkirk and St. Johnstone stand out in the Scottish leagues. Due to only playing for small stakes most of my selections tend to be evens at worse. I've made decent profit 3 of the last 4 football cards so I'm hopeful of another winner today/tomorrow/whatever.

$117 in my blonde account - someone stop me from hitting the .25/.50 cash tables please cos I'm tired (and not to mention shit at cash).

Good night.

No comments: