Thursday 3 January 2008

2008 - Let's Do This!

First post baby! Blogging seems popular, so thought that I would create one to keep me occupied when I'm bored. I'll be mostly discussing my sports betting and poker in this blog. This will also be a good way of keeping track of how much money I lose (or somehow win).

I got a decent win at the rear end of 2007 on blonde but had to withdraw the whole lot to tide me over xmas. Being a student with a crappy part time job isn't good for the bank balance. I intend to play a lot of MTTs this year, whilst avoiding the online cash world which sends me loopy. I also intend to up my sports betting after making decent profit from small stakes in December. The horses have been profitable lately too, with a combination of tips (thanks Boldie) and guessing.

So I'm virtually starting from zero. I have no roll. I really have no idea how to go about building one. People always state bankroll management as key to poker and since my skills in this department are non-existent I'm onto a loser already but I love the game and simply have to play. I'll probably just deposit onto blonde, or whatever site has a tournament that takes my fancy and hopefully a decent win can start my bankroll off. I'm playing for fun, but profit is always good.

My first tournament of the year was down as Gala Dundee last night. They have introduced a new Wednesday £30 fo for this year which appeals to me and replaces one of the shitty rebuys. I'll be playing this tournament most weeks I can as well as the £10 fo on a Saturday afternoon to keep me occupied and the Sunday £25 plus one rebuy or addon.
I've not had much success at the Gala since I started playing there last summer apart from a minor cash in the £10 shitfest and I won a student tournament for £250 in November I think. Last night was no different as I struggled and busted out in about the third level after being crippled early and pushed my c.6bbs into any unopened pot, was successful twice and then called by AJ leaving me two live cards with my 10,7 but didn't improve and that was me.

Anyway, checked my bank balance and it's not as bad as I feared so I think I'll play a tournament tonight - the $30 double stack at midnight provided me with a win last year so let's hope it kicks me off in 2008 with a win.

Sports bet for the day - £10 on Vijay Singh to win the Mercedes-Benz Championship at 6/1.

Thanks to anyone who reads this.

Scott

1 comment:

nkpoker said...

Vijay Singh to win at 6/1... not bad odds! But I doubt he's win it! Sorry dude. Good luck anyway!